We are going to give some best off-road RC cars available today. There are many great off-road rcs, here we will give you the top 5 off-road vehicles and some features of each. We did our list in order of the very best first and so on, and here they are.
The X-Maxx puts the power to the ground with its 30-volt 8s power system, through tough all-steel drive train gears, the revolutionary Cush Drive system, and Traxxas the strongest driveshafts ever. They installed an all-new Torque-Biasing Center Drive that improves driveline durability and drives a larger module ring and pinion gears on the toughest differentials Traxxas has ever produced.
The X-MAXX features an extreme 4×4 system that is engineered to take on the toughest terrain and brutal real-world punishment. Traxxas used an interlocking modular chassis design to keep the motor and gear drive together and eliminate chassis flex.
This design also provides quick and easy access to components for maintenance and any needed repairs. Traxxas loaded the X-MAXX with features.
- VXL-8s Waterproof Electronic Speed Control (ESC) = 8s lipo capable, Built-in cooling fan, matched heat sinks,10 gauge silicone wire, protection circuits and led status lights.
- Velineon 1200xl Brushless motor = 4 poles 1275kv, 5mm output shaft, aluminum slip on a heat sink, dual-motor cooling fans.
- Traxxas stability management = helps prevent spinouts and loss of control, adjust from 0% to 100% assistance right from the transmitter.
- Traxxas TQI 2.4GHz high output radio transmitter,
- Drivetrain = full-time shaft drive 4 wheel drive, all metal gears and CVD, torque biasing center drive,24mm splined wheel hexes,17mm hex on outside of the wheel, silicone fluid filled diffs with large module ring and pinion gears.
- Truck size = length 30.67 inches, height 13.79 inches, weight 19.1 lbs, tires are pre-glued 8.0×4.0 inches
- Speed = 50+mph on 2x 4s lipo
- Skill level = Experienced
The size, power system and features of the x-Maxx make it the number one best off-road RC cars available today.
Traxxas Slash 4×4 Platinum – Short Course RC Truck
The Traxxas slash sets the standard for performance, stability, durability, and technology. The Slash platinum’s performance starts with the low center of gravity (lcg) chassis. The slash 4×4 is equipped with Traxxas stability management system paired with the extreme velinoen brushless power and 4 wheel drive system require a chassis that won’t flex under load, for a straight hard-hitting acceleration.
Slash’s low center of gravity chassis makes the slash sit lower to the ground and features a smooth bottom to reduce drag and snags. Whether you blasting over jumps on the track or blazing through trails in the woods the low center gravity design increases cornering speed, stability, and overall speed no matter what type of terrain you drive on. Here are some features on the slash 4×4,
- Rigid, low center of gravity chassis
- Hard-anodized and PTFE-coated aluminum GTR shocks with Titanium Nitride shafts
- Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum C-Hubs
- Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum steering blocks
- Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum rear hub carriers
- Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum axle nuts
- Adjustable front and rear swaybars
- Included optional extra-stiff sway bar set
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Slash 4X4 Platinum reaches speeds in excess of 60mph!*
- Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow.
These are just some features you will find on the slash 4×4 platinum which make one of the top best off-road RC cars.
Traxxas Stampede 4×4 – RC Monster Truck
The Stampede 4X4 VXL is designed and engineered like no other to turn extreme power into extreme monster truck fun. Traxxas Stability Management lets you experience Stampede’s extreme power, speed, and acceleration by making it much easier to control on surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow.
The efficient, low-mass drivetrain is totally optimized for the brutal torque of Velineon brushless power, this 4X4 is built Traxxas Tough to withstand all the 4-wheel drive monster mayhem you can dish out. The adjustable wheelie bar is required equipment as Stampede 4X4 launches hard, sending the front wheels reaching to the sky.
You’re in full control with the Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz radio system and the excellent handling of fully independent suspension and smooth bellcrank steering. Choose a 7-cell NiMH battery (sold separately) for 35+mph speed or install a 3S LiPo pack, and Stampede 4X4 shatters the speedometer with 60+mph speed. It’s brushless done the Traxxas way: Certainly, this one’s on the list of best off-road RC cars.
- Extreme Brushless VXL power for 60+ mph speeds and advanced TSM stability management to harness the power without sacrificing fun
- Waterproof electronics for all-weather driving excitement in water, mud, and snow.
- Sealed differentials, heavy-duty driveshaft’s, unique shock guards, and 4-position wheelie bar
- Traxxas Link wireless compatible TQi 2.4GHz radio system and 5-channel receiver
- Battery and charger sold separately
Tamiya TAM58372 High Lift RC Truck
This is the coolest scale RC car kit available. The Ford F-350 is one of the most popular pickup trucks in US automotive industry and is one of the most popular models in Tamiya’s line-up of electric radio control cars. Tamiya has spared no expense designing this truck and it’s definitely one of the most realistic ever. The F-350 has a ladder frame chassis and 4WD system just like the actual truck. This truck makes the list of best off-road RC cars for good reason.
Tamiya F-350 Electric R/C assembly kit features a 3-speed transmission that allows you to change gears, and shaft drive 4WD system with a locking differential for increased off-road performance. Highly detailed injection molded body and large diameter wheels enhance the high-ground-clearance look. The truck even includes marking stickers helping make this truck look like the real thing. Required items are Tamiya Attack 4YWD-2.4GHz 4-channel radio, ESC, battery and charger.
• Ladder frame chassis and 4WD drivetrain
• 3-speed transmission system with metal gears and slipper clutch
• Ultra realistic scale details
• High-quality scale metal / plastic components
• Super tough injection molded body
• 94mm diameter scale tires included
• Quick release battery holder
• Fully adjustable/tunable shock absorbers and leaf spring suspension
1 x 7.2v stick pack battery & charger
1 x 4 channel transmitters and receiver
1 x Standard size high-torque steering servo
1 x Standard size high-torque gear change servo
Please Note: This item is in kit form and requires building
Redact Racing Volcano EXP – Off Road RC Truck
the Volcano EPX is a Fast and powerful RC truck, It’s equipped with a 19T brushed 550 electric motor, with a heat sink, and forward/reverse ESC. Ready to run out of the box, the Volcano EPX is ready to tear up the neighborhood. The Volcano comes Complete with battery and charger, this RC truck will rearrange the landscape in seconds.
The Shaft driven 4WD provides you with the necessary traction to concur the toughest obstacles and the forward/reverse ESC is beneficial in navigating tight spots.
Features Lightweight plastic chassis, eight aluminum capped oil filled coil over shocks, and independent suspension. This truck Offers rock solid performance as the soft compound monster truck tires leaves disaster in their wave. Fear not. A 2.4GHz radio system and waterproof electronics ensure complete control, for those who dare to unleash the power of the Volcano. This truck definitely deserves its spot for the best off-road RC cars available.
- Electric Brushed 27T 540 Motor, Four Wheel Drive, High Torque Servo
- Polycarbonate Body, Aluminum Capped Oil Filled Shocks
- Transmission Forward and Reverse. 7.2v 2000mAh NiMH and Charger Included
- 2.4GHz Radio Included. Radio requires 8 AA Batteries (Not Included). Now includes Waterproof Electronics! (ESC, Servo, Receiver)
- Fully adjustable suspension
RC Line Up – There Is Something For Everyone
We just covered some best RC cars available today and just some features for each, which gives you a good idea of why they make the list. Anyone of these RC cars would be a great choice for anyone to purchase. It doesn’t matter what age you are 6yrs to 65yrs you never too big to get in the RC hobby and you are sure to find something you will enjoy. Let me know your thoughts or opinions leave a comment below.
2 thoughts on “Best Off Road Rc Cars – The Line Up Of ”Excitement””
Good review! My son is wanting me to get him a car. He likes the very first one you mentioned, but that looks way to expensive. What do you recommend?
Hello Christine! Well if your son is a beginner, then I would recommend the Traxxas Slash, or if he wants a truck the Stampede is good. As it is very durable and can take some abuse! If he is more experienced the Traxxas Ruslter is a great one! Hope this helps you! Thank you!