Traxxas XL-5 vehicles use the tq radio system. In this article, I will show you how to bind Traxxas TQ radio. The tq radio and receiver are bound from the factory, so when you get your XL-5 model you will be all set to run.
Why You May Need To Bind TQ System
Even though the transmitter and receiver are bound at the factory, there are some instances you may run into that will require you to bind them. These instances can be anything like, the radio died, the receiver crapped out. If you buy used replacements or even some factory replacements will need to be bound together.
Binding TQ Radio
Follow these steps to learn how to bind Traxxas tq radio. If any of these steps are not done correctly, the system will not bind and your RC will not operate properly.
Remember that you need to connect a fully charged battery to your vehicle in order to bind the radio properly.
1. Press and hold the transmitter’s SET button as you turn the transmitter on.
The SET LED will flash.
2. Press and hold the receiver’s LINK button as you turn the receiver on.
The LINK LED will flash.
3. When both LEDs stop flashing, the system is bound and is now ready for use. Both LEDs should take only a moment or two to stop flashing. Now Confirm that the steering and throttle
operate properly before driving your model. Sometimes the throttle and/or steering may be reversed. “If the steering is reversed then, keep reading on to find out how to reverse the steering back to normal.
Steering Servo Reversing
1. Power on the transmitter. Press and hold the SET button on the transmitter for two seconds. The status LED will flash green.
2. Turn and hold the steering wheel to the full left or full right position (it does not matter which position you choose).
3. While holding the steering wheel in position, press the SET button to reverse the channel.
4. The channel is now reversed. Confirm correct servo operation before running your model.
Throttle reversing is often times unnecessary on electric models. Use this procedure for throttle reversing.
1. Power on the transmitter. Press and hold the SET button on the transmitter for two seconds. The transmitter LED will flash green.
2. Move and hold the throttle trigger to the full forward or full brake position, it will not matter which position you choose.
3. While holding the throttle trigger in position, press the SET button to reverse the channel.
4. The channel is now reversed. Recalibrate the speed control and then confirm correct servo operation before running your RC model.
Traxxas TQ Binding
This is the basic procedures to bind the tq radio and reversing of servo channels for your XL-5 models. I hope you have enjoyed this article and that it has been able to help you learn how to use the features of the tq radio system.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “getrevinrc1-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “c12d3f521182f482b2536ab8584f004f”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00CL0XQ12,B00G0MR1BS,B00ERU9N9I,B0006O5HWG”;