Traxxas VXL Brushless vehicles come with the Tqi radio system. This article will teach you, The Traxxas Tqi programming steps. When you purchase a new Traxxas Vehicle, The radio and receiver are bound at the factory and all settings are set, so there is no need to program the system.
There are sometimes that you may want to or need to bind the system such as, “If” you replace the receiver or transmitter, or maybe you want to add another radio to your vehicle.
To learn the basic programming setup for your tqi system, read on below as I will go through the main first few functions that you will want to be aware of and learn.
Binding Traxxas Tqi
Follow these steps to learn How To Bind Traxxas Tqi. Remember, that whenever you bind the system you need to make sure you have a fully charged battery installed in both the radio and the vehicle.
- Install a fully charged battery,
- Press and hold the set button on the transmitter while turning the transmitter on. The LED will begin flashing.
- Press and hold the Link button on the receiver while you turn the receiver on. The LED will begin flashing.
- Wait for the transmitter’s and receiver’s LED to stop flashing and turn solid green. The system is now bound together and ready for use.
The RC vehicle is now ready, Make sure the steering and throttle controls are correct and not reversed. “If” They need to be changed, keep reading below to follow the steps to change these settings.
Changing Tqi Steering Servo
Sometimes the direction of the steering can get reversed. This will sometimes happen after you the bind tqi system. Following these easy steps will allow you to change the steering servo direction.
- Press and hold the menu button for 3 seconds, the LED will blink green.
- Press the menu button again, the LED will blink green twice.
- Now press the set button and the LED will blink green once,
- Then Press the set button again and the LED will blink red once. Turn the steering wheel on the transmitter to verify the direction of steering.
“If” the steering is not in the correct direction, press set once more and turn the wheel again to verify the correct direction. Once you have the correct direction, press and hold the menu button to return to normal driving mode. The LED will turn solid green. Now you are ready to run.
Change Throttle Direction
Press and hold the menu button for three seconds, the LED will blink green.
- Press the menu button and the LED will blink green twice.
- Press the set button, the LED will blink green once.
- Press the menu button once and the LED will blink green twice.
- Press the set button once and the LED will blink red, indicating ready for channel reversing.
- Press the set button once to change the throttle direction. Verify the throttle is correct. “If” it is not, press set button once more and verify it is correct.
- Press and hold the menu button to exit setup and return to normal driving mode.
The RC model is now ready for some action.
For more in-depth programming instructions visit the owners manual on the Traxxas website.
Tqi Programming Thoughts
There you have it. You should now know how to bind the tqi system, reverse the steering of your tqi model and change the throttle direction on Traxxas tqi models. You can now enjoy running your RC even more, knowing you have the knowledge of how to change and/or set up the tqi transmitter. “If” you are looking for instructions on the Traxxas TQ system you can see my earlier post on Traxxas TQ radio.
What are your thoughts on the Traxxas tqi radio system?
How does this article make you feel about the Traxxas tqi programming?
Please leave your comments in the comment field below!